Saturday, February 19, 2011

Computer


Little do I know about film making even less about full-length movies, but for some weird reason Ryan seemed to be interested in my thoughts.

Pre-production

I first knew about Turning Point in March 2010, after a mutual friend introduced us. That first draft Ryan sent me was the most cool looking script I’ve ever seen (I’m in the health business so I don’t get to see those very often), not only I read it once but twice in that same hour. While I was reading it, I could almost see/smell/feel the story, as it was so true to emotions and situations.

After a few days cast selection began and so did the questions:

- Does he look too Disney?

- Do they look like a couple?

- Isn’t she gorgeous?

I must have seen almost half of the actors in LA; screenshot after screenshot, reel after reel, auditions, auditions, auditions. At the end the cast was selected and the air felt like "fuego helado" from F. Quevedo¹, what do I mean? You could feel a calm but soon to be an odyssey.

Production

I can’t say much about it, since I’m 2,497Km away (1,548 miles). All I can do is quote a text message:

"Awesome! We finished shooting." December 13th 2010, 04:28pm

Post-production

O M G. I think that pretty much describes this part. So much work, so many hours of looking at shared screen for colors, a second look at the same scene for different colors, and maybe a third one just to be sure they don’t look Cheetos or sick green zombies. This is where I noticed how hard it is to make a movie feel like one, all I ever thought was that, after you shoot a scene all you do is fix some sounds, then credits and taram! To a film festival we go… WELCOME TO REALITY, this is the beautiful insanity Ryan talks about.

I feel honored to be part of Turning Point, even if I'm just a small piece of a crusty cheese pie. And I thank you Ryan for sharing this with me.

Lore S.C.

A.K.A. Amiga

¹ “Es hielo abrazador, es fuego helado”, Francisco de Quevedo. Antithesis, baroque poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment