Monday, October 25, 2010

Rough Cut Complete?

Not sure if I can technically say that since I still have the opening act of the film to shoot but for the most part I have a pretty solid rough cut now complete.

The current total running time is 57 minutes and 23 seconds. Pretty damn good if you ask me. This should be putting me on track for my 1 hour 20 minute total running time I'm planning after total completion.

It's hard to judge your own work. I've heard positive things so far so I believe I'm on the right track. I need to get my head back on straight again so I can shoot the final scenes of this thing.

I've enjoyed the editing process immensely. I've always been a huge fan of it. In my eyes, it's where the true magic of cinema takes place. Production can be enjoyable but I'm usually too stressed to enjoy it while it's taking place. Filmmaking is quite an addiction. While you're in the warzone of production you can't wait to get home and retreat. But after a few days of R&R you miss the battlefield and want to get back in it.

I'm coming to a crossroads in my life. I should feel proud when this project is all said and done. Producing your first feature film at 25 years old is no easy feat. In the end it will all be worth it, no matter what happens, but I am sure hoping it will lead to a much brighter future. I'm not saying my present is dim, I'm just hoping my future is so bright that I'm going to have to wear shades.

I sure hope I don't come across as a pompous douche. If my humor seems pretentious you have to give me a little bit of delusional slack, this entry has been written at 12:28AM after a long day of editing.

-Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment