Monday, March 7, 2011

Turning Point Filming Experience

Despite the fact that I experienced close to every emotion known to man during the course of my 5-6 week filming period, from murderous rage, to side-splitting hilarity (thanks Chase), to fear of one's own life and well-being (thanks to Tyler and his magnificent driving), I have to say in retrospect that I highly enjoyed this filming experience. My acting background is rather narrow but quickly expanding. This filming process gave me knowledge of not only many aspects of filmmaking in the technical sense (thanks Matt Bailey), but also the magnitude of passion, perseverance, and tenacity that goes into making a film (thanks Ryan). Is Ryan crazy? That's an understatement. Certifiably insane? I'm looking into it...but Ryan unmistakably demonstrates courage, devotion, dedication, and many other characteristics that represent a true film-maker at heart. I hope my presence in this film brings a unique and admirable element to it, satisfies the artists with their casting decisions, and ultimately offers Ryan a slice of art so he can get even just a little closer to the film that he has dreamed of. I thank you all for including me in this project, and I am so thrilled to see the final result.

Ashton

No comments:

Post a Comment