Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Swen's long awaited blog entry

Hello to the many followers of this blog :),
It is finally my turn to write on the blog. I have procrastinated way to long to write something and it’s made Ryan pretty sad, so I thought what better day to make him happy than on his special day.
Where to even began with this amazing journey. I joined this project sometime around August of last year, when Ryan decided that I would be playing the roll of James. At first it started out with it started out with doing rehearsals and really finding out who our characters are through out the story and our fantastic director helped us with this process. There were a few times that we had to walk places, like Good Will to get our wardrobe for the movie were someone complained about a 4 block walk, I don’t want to mention any names ;). It was also a time for Tyler, Ashton and I to form a real friendship since that’s what we played in the movie.
We now pack our bags, fill up the car, peepee before we leavy(rule number 1 of road trips) and head down to San Diego to start shooting the first parts of the film. We didn’t need snacks along the way down because there was an ant farm that had taken over Bailey’s car, which supplied us with the right amount of nutrition to get there. His parents were also kind enough to let us use their house. San diego was an interesting 4 days as I remember or don’t remember. We worked some pretty long hours but I enjoyed every moment of it. From everyone being so delusional they couldn’t stop laughing to our own Ashton (Gay King) being a little mouse with the food. We had a few downs like Tyler and I having the wrong cloths on for one of the most dreaded scenes haha. Now it’s time to head back home for a couple of days to gain back our energy.
Next it’s time to drive to the wonderful desert, which has probably been a highlight of my life. I don’t think I have ever in my entire life camped next to the 10 freeway. We must have cut down half the tree next to us to use for firewood. What I also figured out that night is that if you pee on a campfire it smelled so god-awful I learned my lesson haha. I also learned from Bailey that a good way to stabilizing the camera on the hood of a car is by not to strap it down but to lay yourself on the car while holding the camera. We only stayed two days in the desert but it was so much fun.
Traveling up the coast to get to this secret waterfall that Ryan somehow found was beautiful. Then going even further up we hit San Francisco. Where we filmed our opening scene. If you are wondering yes we drove all the way to San Francisco to film a 15 sec scene but it was worth it. When we came back to the car we found out that baileys car had a flat tire but we managed to kind of fix it until it popped about 2 hours from home. While they were changing the tire I thought it would be a smart idea to run across the 101 in the fog, not one of my proudest moments. We did make it home in one piece even though we drove 65 mph on a donut.
After hundreds of miles and hours of filming behind us most of the project was complete. We filmed some more stuff around town were we managed to get pulled over by the police for no reason at all. In total I think we had a police encounter about 6 or 7 times but the best ones was when I was sitting in a car at the top of the hill in Burbank when a helicopter started circling around with a spotlight on. I thought they were looking for a robber or murder, nope it was just ryan, bailey, tyler and ashton.
There are sooooo many more great memories that I have of being a part of this project that I could write a book about it. Well maybe not me but Ryan could.
It was the greatest experience of my life so far. I grew so much not only as an actor but as a person as well.
I want to thank you Ryan for giving me the opportunity to be in your project and for having faith in me. You are great filmmaker and know what you are doing. It was such honor to meet you. Then of course there is Matt Bailey who can make anyone laugh and works magic with his camera. Our very own Chase who I can’t explain because it’s Chase, he’s probably one of the goofiest people I’ve yet to meet but he still gets his work done and knows how to do it while making people laugh. And of course there is Sean. There is no place he can’t go to get the best audio for the shot we are doing weather its on a ladder or under a car he gets it done. Jason you work miracles and without you this movie wouldn’t be what it is today. Guido the Italian that was a part of this project too thanks for being there and helping with the project. And I cant forget the special K Keton(sorry if I killed ur name) I’ve never seen a person make himself laugh more than you do. You are a great person and it was great to meet you. You held thoughs lights in San Diego like there was no tomorrow.
To my fellow actors Tyler, Ashton, Blake, Melanie, Kesia and Jacqueline it was such a pleasure to work with you guys on this project. You guys were a great group of people to work with and I hope that we all shall work together again.
After writing this it makes me sad that it’s all over but I’m sure knowing you guys I’ll have plenty more great memories.

That’s the end of my novel. Happy birthday Ryan I hope that this makes it so much better. If I think of anything else to add I will. At first it was just me in the wolf pack and now there’s a lot more hhaha.

Sincerely,
Swen Temmel (James)

No comments:

Post a Comment